In Max Lucado's latest book, The Tallest of Smalls, 6:00 in the evening is a very important time. It's when everyone gathers to see who will be chosen to get a new gift...a pair of stilts.You see, if you get a pair of stilts, you really are pretty cool. Classy. Special. Important. Everyone wants their own pair of stilts.
A little boy named Ollie wants a pair. And finally, his day comes! However, stilts aren't all they're cracked up to be. And then Ollie meets someone who shows him why he's special without stilts.
Even though I'm not a kid anymore, I enjoyed this book. I believe it's message is important to all ages! I know the 5 year old in my house will love it. I love that the story really represents life. If you're not cool, you're not good enough. But no one needs a pair of "stilts" when they are loved by the Savior!
Maybe your child is struggling with feeling insignificant or unimportant? I'd encourage you to pick up The Tallest of Smalls and enjoy reading it together. Max Lucado's words really are an encouragement!
**I received a review copy of this book, but I was not paid in any way for my review. The review is my opinion of the book. Thanks!**

1 comment:
I love the illustrations....so beautiful!
Post a Comment