Thursday, September 24, 2009

[Faces in the Fire] by T.L. Hines

A pair of shoes. A catfish. Black Tar. Fire. 1595544534.

Seemingly senseless. And then it all comes together in the end.

Four people. Living four very different lives. You'll meet Kurt, a truck driver and sculptor who can't remember his past. Corinne, an email spammer with a deadly problem. Grace, a tattoo artist with an addiction. And Stan, haunted by his terrifying gift for killing.

I had never read any of T.L. Hines work, so I honestly had no idea what to expect when I received this book. But it blew me away. It was different than books I've read before. And yes, at first I was a little confused. But once I found myself immersed in the story, the rest was easy.

There are four distinctly different stories in this book. Each character finds his/her own problems, solutions, fears, addictions, etc. And then you realize that the more you read, the more it fits. I began a guessing game of how the stories intertwined. As I neared the end, I think my heart began beating a bit faster, excitement building to the very last page.

All in all, I enjoyed this book. I'm planning on reading it again sometime to catch some of the subtleties. Perfect if you need a little suspense in your reading adventures!

You can purchase Faces in the Fire here.

**I received a review copy of this book, but I was not paid in any way for my review. The review is my opinion of the book. Thanks!**

1 comment:

Melissa O. said...

This sounds very intriguing. I've never read anything by T.L. Hines so I just might have to give this one a try.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm glad you like it! I've added yours to my Reader as well. I wish you the best of luck, this is a great community to be a part of!! At least I think so!! :-D Happy Reading!